Flipkart - Search Bar

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

English… far far away!

When my father first built this house, I was wondering how far, far away... it was. He very smartly, built it, while I was far, far away in Bangalore, so I only found out about it much later. So, basically, they missed my entertaining cribbing.


Anyway, I have stopped cribbing about the distance I have to travel, since, well, I did not have too much choice and since I have discovered the lovely English that is written here. So, well, here are a few words for sampling:

  • Corpenter
  • Hair drassers
  • Battan center
  • Ladie’s
  • Jents
  • Bangil store

With such lively use of the language every half a minute, while I am traveling, who the hell am I to complain? I only hope my English does not go the same way as this. :)

3 comments:

Ron said...

My favourite in Hyderabad was Pinea Apple Jui Ce :D

Barkha said...

Sooper. Oops! Super.

'Tis a beautiful life! said...

hilarious!