Flipkart - Search Bar

Friday, July 21, 2017

Read up, began in Oct. 2013 and now, it is July 2017, Folks...



A long time ago, way back in 2005 I wondered how a person, a then
Ruskin Bond
journalist could also, write in general. I thought I would figure it out then. It became a tiny part of my life, where I talked of Harry Potter, and spoke of birthdays, at that stage. I also wrote about Ruskin Bond, who,
continues to be my favourite author, even today.

I also started out writing about nostalgia, something which I have become so familiar with. It was, is and am sure will be my most favourite topic. A little bit about my first international trip, on work. There, I was at Singapore and here, I was writing. Cut to 2009. 

I wrote my first ever Book Review, of Jeffrey Archer and his awesome book, ‘Paths of Glory’. I loved the book, and so, my first ever review of 'Paths of Glory', was born. 

And then in 2010, I wrote about Book Picking and what the characters were like and how much I like or hated them. Incidentally, my first movie review, and (ad review?) too. Did I mention politics too? :)

And then came 2012, and with it brought my favourite topics, 'Mythology, Realism and Magic'. They turned out to be my favourite topics for writing. Who would have thought that they would be the much-loved topics in my case?

Then, in 2012. My most favourite topic to talk about, Fairness Creams in this Racism laden country.  'Never give up: Fairness Creams in India' happened... 

Also, more books like Markus Zusak's ‘The Book Thief’ did and ‘Sins of a Father’ by Jeffrey Archer did. And Krishna Udayasankar’s ‘Govinda’ did to.
And then, there was Udayasankar’s ‘Kaurava’ and ‘Arjuna - Saga of a Pandava Warrior Prince' by Anuja Chandramouli, too. Anand Neelakantan’s ‘Asura’ happened and my tryst with Leadstart Publishers had begun.

It was them that suggested that I should consider reviewing books. And ‘Arjuna’ was the first book, I had ever reviewed officially, when I took up reviewing.

Anuja Chandramouli
So, it was interesting that I had decided to blog, permanently afterward. And with it, November 2013 was when my first interviews began. First, I had Anand Neelakantan. Then came, Anuja Chandramouli, Hitesha Deshpande and then Krishna Udayasankar.’ And also, the Editor’s Interviews began with Amish Raj Mulmi.
Then came, December 2013, and my first ever International
Diana & Michael Preston
Interview with Alex Rutherford, or Diana Preston and Michael Preston. Then all those publishers, including Harper Collins, Hachette, Penguin, etc. And even Literary Agents, such as Kanishka Gupta and Jayapriya Vasudevan, too…

And, so it began. All those books, authors, editors, publishers and even the marketing folks… zillions of them to thank and be truly grateful to. I could write a book on the interviews, I gotta say. I am so sorry, that I have not mentioned all of you, though of course, all of your mails, phone calls and messages were important to me, but I could not mention you all. Nothing would have happened if any one of you wasn't there.
My Partial Collection!! :)

It has been some time since October 2013, when I first actually began writing Sruti's BookBlog, and now, in July 2017 and right now, all I can say is ‘Read on, Folks…’ and do not forget to log in and become a fan of https://www.facebook.com/srutis.blogspot.in/ or http://srutis.blogspot.in/ I can guarantee a few more years at least. :)


No comments: