Flipkart - Search Bar

Friday, August 25, 2017

Author Interview : Sowmya Rajendran, author of ‘A Rule Breaker's Club Adventure : The Dog who wanted More'


Sowmya Rajendran
Read up, the Interview with Sowmya Rajendran, author of 'The Dog who wanted More. In this Interview, she tells us, how the entire book came about, what according to her was different about her book, which particular character felt most close to, the most challenging part of the story, what she thought was different about her book, her favourite authors, and much more, Folks…

How did 'Rulebreakers’ Club Adventure : The Dog who wanted More' happen? Could you describe the journey?

I was approached by a publishing house some years ago, to write an adventure series for them. This was right after my daughter was born, so I was hesitant to take it up, since I barely had any time. However, the writing proved to be a welcome break from childcare and I completed the series pretty quickly.

However, the publisher had some trouble on their end, which I don’t want to go into. Eventually, Penguin (with whom I’ve worked, before) agreed to publish the books and I’m very glad to be associated with them once again.

What according to you is different about your book?

That’s really for readers to say. I enjoy creating characters, who are original, funny, and think for themselves. I hope my readers will agree.

What was the most challenging part about writing this book?

Finding the time to write it and not getting discouraged by constant interruptions.

Which particular character did you feel most close to? Why?

I like all of them, though the grandma is my mental image of how I’d be at that age!

Who was it that told you that you could become the author you are today?

Me. I’ve always wanted to be a writer and never gave up.

When will you next book be out?

I have a picture book coming out, probably later this year.

Who are your favourite authors?

JD Salinger
Vikram Seth
RK Narayan, JD Salinger, W Somerset Maugham, Rohinton Mistry, JK Rowling, Vikram Seth, Virginia Woolf, Margaret Atwood, Chimamanda Ngozie Adichieall of them have given me some insight into human nature and taught me to be a more forgiving person.
 
Which books are you currently reading?


What else do you do on a daily basis?                                       

I work with ‘The News Minute’ as Deputy News Editor.



You can  Read the Review, too and Buy the Book, here as well.


No comments: