Flipkart - Search Bar

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Author Interview : Pooja Poddar Marwah, author of 'Pursuit : Drawn by Destiny'

Pooja Poddar Marwah
Read up,  Interview with Pooja Poddar Marwah, author of 'Pursuit : Drawn by Destiny'. In this interview, she tells us, how the book first happened and what was different about it.

She also tells us,  what the kind of research that went into this book, who the character was that she felt most close to, and also what the most fulfilling part was and that the sequel would be out next year, Folks...


How did 'Pursuit : Drawn by Destiny' first happen?



I call it my date with Destiny. While shuttling between the co-curricular of my kids, I had a laptop and bottle of thumbs up for company. Somewhere in the middle of their classes, began a story between us and I guess you could say, the words just flowed. Writing has always been an outlet to me.

When I write, it’s like the words come alive. I lose myself in the characters and their life. Pursuit - Drawn by Destiny is; as the name suggests, a tryst with Destiny

What according to you is different about your book?

It is a story of two people flung together despite their differences. It makes one believe in something beyond the ordinary - call it the power of faith. 

­­What kind of research was put into the writing of this book?
The kind of research, the heart and mind do on a daily basis. 
One wants something and the other intrudes and disagrees.
How do you note the points, which you have in your book? 

Uh!! The book is not divided into an excel or word document with points. It’s got words that flow into sentences and reflect what the heart and mind have to say in unison.

Any advice to writers that would like to be published today? How tough is it to be published? 

Just write with your heart and believe in your words and never ever ever ever give up.

Publishing is a different ballgame altogether.

Which particular character do you feel most close to? Why?
Edward Scott. His character is shaped with great complexities and insecurities and yet he is shown as very vulnerable and lost until he finds what he thinks, he wants

And once face to face with his want, he finds comfort yet is perplexed. So, his character makes for a very interesting man.
 
Could you tell the readers about your experiences and how it was related to what you wrote?

It’s all a work of fiction and my imagination on how complex most relationships are…

What is the most fulfilling part of writing this book? And what is the most challenging?

The most fulfilling part of writing this book was seeing a childhood dream come alive, as I held the printed copy in my hand

The most challenging part was finding a publisher.

Who was it that told you that you could become the author, you are today?

No one tells you who or what you can become. It’s something that stems from your own dreams. I have always been a dreamer and I believe in love and magic.

Somewhere, this features in almost every other page.

What else do you do on a daily basis?

Right now, on a daily basis, I am entangled between Kate Princeton and Edward Scott as their journey only shapes up, as I pen down the closure to this book. 
The sequel will be out next year.

Which book are you currently reading? 

'PS, I Love You'  is the book, am currently reading...



Who are your favourite authors and why?
Paulo Coelho
Jeffery Archer
I love romance and I love stories that inspire and aspire
Some of my favourite authors are Paulo Coelho, Nicholas Sparks, Dan Brown, Jeffrey Archer and my, very latest aspiration and inspiration is Dr Yes! Richard Branson

 

No comments: