Flipkart - Search Bar

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Author Interview : Ishita Deshmukh, author of ‘Heart Quake' (Part 2)

Read up, the concluding part of the Interview with Ishita Deshmukh, author of ‘Heart Quake' (Part 2). Here, she says, who it was that told her that she could become the author, she is today, advice for writers, today and how tough it can be to be published currently. 
She also tells us who her favourite authors are and why, and what she does on a daily basis, Folks... 

Who was it that told you that you could become the author, you are today?

My creative writing teacher once told me to become a writer, after she read the short story version. At that time, I had not believed her. But I loved to write, and as the passion grew, I decided to pursue it seriously.  

Ishita Deshmukh
What is the next book that you have planned?

I am still working on the plot. It will loosely be based on our family history.

Any advice to writers that would like to be published today? How tough is it to be published?

It is very tough out there, I won’t mince words. It requires a lot of determination, perseverance and patience. But then, every profession, these days, requires the same.

So, I am not complaining. Because I want to be an author, I will give my best to achieve my goal.


Georgette Heyer
Who are your favourite authors and why?

I mostly read romance novels, so my favourite authors are Stephanie Laurens, Judith Mcnaught, Georgette Heyer, and Nicholas Sparks. I love the different styles and genres.

But the best part of reading a romance novel is that you are assured of a positive ending. That for me is the clincher (I never call it a cliché, because I always want it to end happily ever after…)
Preeti Shenoy from Wikipedia

Which books are you currently reading?

Currently, I am reading books by Sophie Barnes and Preeti Shenoy.

What else do you do on a daily basis?

I run a small home business for Indian sweets and specific baked goods in Singapore. Embroidery is another favourite hobby and of course, I write blogs, short stories etc.

I am also a part of the family business of manufacturing Agri Biotech products for various crops in India.
You can Read the Review, here, the  First part of the Interview here and Buy the Book right here, as well.

 

No comments: