Flipkart - Search Bar

Friday, January 08, 2016

Winnie the Pooh had a lot in common with me... AA Milne, take note :)



I remember a time when I was about 4, and I had a teddy bear, which remained my constant companion. I used to take the brown bear, along with his red jacket, to my favourite place in the back garden.

My mother, told me of all the stories, I used to tell the bear, in the evenings. Pointing at crows, owls at night, and even the pet rabbit; we even had donkeys and even the occasional pig on the roads in our colony. I never saw the resemblance.

Then, years after that, I was the recipient of a couple of toys. Two teddy bears, one big and one small. They were quite cute and I did not know what to do with them. Firstly, I was in college, no time to have such toys, plus I noted that they had a spelling mistake on them.

‘Hunny’ was spelt on the jars, which both the teddy bears were carrying and there was a kind of sticky liquid in both the jars. I never saw the resemblance, again! 

But, I had to find out, curious cat that I was. So, I did. And I discovered ‘Winnie the Pooh’. Of course, I always remember seeing the Pooh, a Rabbit, a Eeyore, Owl and Piglet, but it was now that I really discovered them. 


I mean, everything I  saw, when I was a kid were in the book. A book, which was written years ago, by AA Milne, inspired by his little son, Christopher Robin Milne, and his stuffed animals. AA Milne was born on 18 January 1882. He was an English author and poet. Milne was a primarily a playwright, before the success of ‘Winnie the Pooh’ took over most of his previous works. 
AA Milne, Christopher, Winnie the Pooh

At that age, I began to get excited, when I discovered the books and toy, truly a resemblance to my life… well, a little bit!! 

That was when I really read, ‘Winnie the Pooh’ and I remembered that I was in the forest, (actually, a whole lot of trees and a few bushes, with a few bees, some of which ran at me, and one even bit me!) More resemblances!! Yayyee!

So, that was when I discovered the simplicity of these books, and the fun that they brought in. Creative, easy to read and funny, these books are definitely stuff, I would recommend.  

You can read up, 'Winnie the Pooh', right here
                                                                           


No comments: