Flipkart - Search Bar

Friday, March 18, 2016

A Good, Honest and Paid Review : Is it lost?



The secret to writing an honest and paid review, somehow seems to have gotten lost. Of course, I’m not demanding money from every other author, but whatever little, I do ask for, I do expect them to understand. I spend some of my own time, in reading and judging the author’s book. After that, I spend more time in writing the honest review.

Then, I do spend a little time, while forming the interview. I do expect a little monetary benefit for doing this. I have recently started this, and whatever money, I do get, I am usually happy. 

I have found that there are odd authors, who do not understand what I mean, when I say an honest review. I am sorry, if it isn’t to everyone’s liking but unfortunately, that is the way it is. I also found a few other authors, who have liked my review, in spite of me expressing something bad about their work. That is greatly appreciated.

I did not understand, this whole concept of the review being to the author’s liking. I have written a review and gotten criticised for it, at one time or the other. I honestly did not want the book to be bad. I have a certain expectation from it, and that is the reason I am reading it. And usually, a book is good, but there are certain times, when I have disliked a book, and said it.

Also, the Interviewing is a wonderful way of explanation. You could perhaps, explain a certain point, slightly better. There could be points, which the author can make, and make it better understood to the reader.
 
An honest review and interview are probably, the only way, I’ve been taught to do it. I was never told to lie or pretend, and I pray that, I can do it that way, at all times.

One must always be confident of what one writes. One should do a good job of it, whatever, anybody says. Obviously, there was something, which set it apart, when the author had written it. That is why, now the author is capable of asking for a book review

There are so many wonderful authors who have gotten criticized at one time or other, but today, they are still wonderful and their words, have touched somebody.

If it’s not liked by the reviewer, then that is something that she/he has a right to express. Does not mean, anything against the author, just a humble opinion, which was said… :)

Okay, bring on the brickbats or perhaps the odd compliments... :)

No comments: