Flipkart - Search Bar

Friday, November 18, 2016

Author Interview : Anjaly Thomas, author of 'There are No Gods in North Korea' (Part 2)



Read up, Part 2 of the Interview with Anjaly Thomas, author of 'There are No Gods in North Korea'. 

In this, she tells us if she always travelled solo, and what inspired her to do it, the biggest lesson, positive or negative she has learnt from travelling solo, the top three essentials she needs for travelling and her future travel plans, and much more, Folks…

Do you always travel solo?

Yes! Because that’s what I do best!
I end up making friends from all over the world, which is just as well, because through them I get to learn so many new things.

What has inspired you to start travelling solo?

I don’t really think there was a moment when I said to myself, ‘now, I should travel solo’. No, such an earth-shattering moment never happened.

I have never really thought about it. But I know for a fact that if it is travel, solo is how I’d like to go! Not that, I am averse to company, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

How has your way of thinking changed since you first started solo travelling?

I am not sure what that means – the fact that I travel is a definitive indicator that I don’t think the normal way, my choice of destinations or experiences goes to show that I am open to ideas and suggestions and anything new and different.

You tell me, what does that say about the way I think?

Are there any spots in the world you haven’t visited but want to?

 Oh yes, lots of place I haven’t visited but I want to.

What is the biggest lesson (positive or negative) you’ve learned through solo travel?

The biggest lesson, is that you only have yourself to depend on – no matter when you are or what you do, if you are not looking after your mental, physical or intellectual well-being, then you aren’t doing much in terms of doing a ‘fab’ job of anything!

Anjaly Thomas
Have you felt ever lonely being a solo traveller?

Nope. Never. Alone, yes, but never lonely.

Have you ever run low on money during your tour?

Nope. I have been fortunate that way.

What are the top three essentials that are part of your luggage?

Essentials are always the passport and money and no, there is nothing that I cannot travel without, except the two most important things – passport and money.

What are your future travel plans?

My future plans are plenty, but I never really plan that far ahead or make a ‘bucket list’.

I would rather leave it to the future to decide where I will be heading or let the moment decide what I’d like to see next.


You can read the First Part of this Interview right here, Read the Review here and Buy the Book  here, as well.

No comments: