Flipkart - Search Bar

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Author Interview : PG Van, author of 'Destiny Decides' (Part 2)

Read up, PG Van, Author of 'Destiny Decides...' Interview (Part 2), here. In this part, she talks of what the challenging parts were in writng the book, who the inspirations were and who her favourite authors are among other things, Folks...

What was the most challenging part about writing ‘Destiny Decides’?

The story evolved to be more than what I had initially thought about writing and I had to make the hard decision of making it a multipart story.

The challenge is to write the first part, while thinking about how a small incident or discussion in the first part plays a major role in the second part. Adding those subtle details without causing any distractions to the readers, while they flow through the love story in the first part was the challenge.

Who was it that told you that you could become the author, you are today?

PG Van
My husband is my inspiration for me, to even consider writing. He would encourage every person he met to write a book and it took me eleven years of being married to him to realize that I could write. 

My parents and my brother were huge supporters, while I was working on the book.

When will the second part of this book, be out?

Good question. I have a few of my readers, ask me the same question. 

I am currently working on the part 2 and hope to get it out early 2016.

Which book are you currently reading?

I am currently reading up on the Indian Independence movement in the early 1900’s from various sources.

The next book that I will be reading is ‘The Emerald Peacock’ by Katharine Gordon.

Who are your favourite authors and why?
Robin Cook

My favourite authors are Jackie Collins, Kay Thorpe and Robin Cook. I love the romance novels that Jackie Collins and Kay Thorpe write, as they portray strong emotions between the characters and I like the theme of their stories.

I absolutely enjoy and scare myself by reading the medical thrillers by Robin Cook. 

I still remember reading the books over and over again during my school and college days.

What else do you do on a daily basis? 

Writing is my new found passion and I try to spend some time on a daily basis, when I am not being a mom and a wife. 

I love to spend time with my family and friends and take every opportunity to meet up with them.

You can Read the Review right here 
You can check up the First Part of the Interview here

No comments: