Flipkart - Search Bar

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Author Interview : Abhishek Krishnan, author of ‘Clouds Don't Pass' (Part 2)


Read up, the second part of the Interview with Abhishek Krishnan, author of  'Clouds Don't Pass'. 

In this section, he talks of the most fulfilling parts in the book, the character he felt most close to, his next book, and also his favourite authors, and then a little more, Folks...

 
What are the most fulfilling parts in your book? 


The book as a whole, is fulfilling. However, I wanted to create awareness to all film aspirants about the frauds in cinema. I wanted to bring all those fraudsters to light. 


Although, I have changed the names of those people, I am sure they would recollect these incidents if they read it. And I am glad I did this.


Which particular character did you feel most close to? Why?


Sushmitaaaa. I really did not know, how I was going to go about writing the Bangalore portions. And then, I created Sushmita. Initially, I just wanted to write a tiny chapter on Abi’s life in Bangalore and get to the climax.


But, the more I wrote about her, the more I liked her. It may sound crazy, but it took me about a week to get over her, after I finished the book.

Who was it that told you that you could become the author, you are today?
Abhishek Krishnan


Mydhili Mithra and Khushboo Mundhra. I have to mention their names. They are my good buddies. They travelled with me throughout the writing process. 


I guess it is the encouragement, which I received from them that pushed me into completing the book.


When will your next book be out?


I have started writing my next book. It’s called ‘Loser-in-law’. This is will also have a lot from my personal experiences. However, I am not sure when I will be able to finish it. I don’t want to work with a deadline. I want to enjoy the process of writing this book.


There are a few glaring mistakes in ‘Clouds Don’t Pass’. I should have edited it better. I don’t want to repeat those mistakes in my next book.
 
Which book are you currently reading?


Frankly, I don’t read much. All my life, I would not have read anything more than 25 books. At the moment, I am reading ‘The White Tiger’ by Arvind Adiga.


Who are your favourite authors and why?


As mentioned I do not fall anywhere under the criteria for being called a reader. However, I really enjoyed reading Salman Rushdie’s ‘The Midnight Children’. However, after reading a couple of books of Chetan Bhagat, I realized that a good story with simple English can also make a great book.


What else do you do on a daily basis?


I think a lot. There are so many conversations that happen in my head at once. 


So much, that sometimes I feel I have an alter ego. Now that I am not working, it is more of thinking, writing and attempting to read.


What advice do you have for the young writers of today?


I am a young writer, myself. If not by age, at least by experience. If I were to advice someone like myself, I would just ask them to enjoy what they write.  

Because when you write it is like you have a parallel life. You live in a whole new world. You know what to anticipate. You know the solution to your problems. You also have the liberty to design your fate there. And it’s beautiful. 


You can catch the first part of this Interview here, and the Review, right here. 

You can also Buy the Book, 'Clouds Don't Pass', here.


No comments: